Mobile Phone (And its Impacts on Us)
A mobile phone is the fastest electronic gadget that allows its users to contact each other by calling and text messaging. It also provides its users with accommodating web browsers, cameras, weather information, video players, editors, and many other features. It has a massive impact on our society and its belongings, it has completely changed the way of living. A mobile phone is also called a cell phone, cellular phone, and mostly a smartphone or simply a cell.
Today every person 3 years old child to 85 years old every person have a mobile phone. We know it is a very useful device but at some time it has not been useful for us. Therefore here we describe all about Mobile phones and their impacts. A mobile phone is the fastest electronic gadget that allows its users to contact each other by calling and text messaging. It also provides its users with accommodating web browsers, cameras, weather information, video players, editors, and many other features. It has a huge impact on our society and its belongings, it has completely changed the way of living. A mobile phone is also called a cell phone, cellular phone, and mostly a smartphone or simply a cell.
The very first mobile phone was too bulky to hold in your hand. It was not a portable one because there was a wire to attach the two telephones. It was only for an emergency at high levels. Motorola was the first company to introduce a low weightage mobile phone in 1973. Later on, GSM introduced a text messaging function, then MMS made it capable of sharing images. As it got smaller, its features increased.
Usage of Mobile Phones:
With the time being, mobile phones are becoming more and more useful and engaging more users with the provided functions. And now, it has become the most using device when it has connected with the internet. So now 14.91 billion mobile phones are in use. And there is an increase of almost 1 billion, every year, linked and multiple mobile device ownership worldwide.
In the USA, a recent study has shown that one individual is spending an average time of 4 hours and 23 minutes every day on mobile devices. And it is increasing day by day. The children are also engaged by the mobile phones when it entertains them through video games, animated movies, and cartoons.
Photo by Kipras Štreimikis on Unsplash SEEM 1 researched the preference of mobile functions in adults above the age of 60. And that was video calling, emergency button, alarm, etc.
Impacts of Mobile Phones:
No doubt, mobile phones are invented for our convenience. They are bringing humanity closer and closer, but now we have become addicted to them. The more they are getting rich in features. And the more their addiction is becoming strong, we can’t imagine a life without a mobile phone.
So, in this regard it has many impacts on our daily life, these impacts may be positive or negative.
1. Impacts of mobile on Education:
· Mobile phones help the students to learn faster and they converge the time used in the research-based study. And provides them a variety of researches at a single time.
· On the other hand, it distracts the concentration of the students through its programs which are more interesting for students. The time, which the students should give to their studies, consumed in using mobile phones.
· The research of the London School of Economics shows that there will be an increase in the academic performance of students. If mobile phones are banned in the schools more likely as if you are increasing a schooling week in a year.
2. Impacts of mobile on Health:
· Mobile phones no doubt help us to regulate our blood pressure and also provide us with the precautions of a disease but it is increasing the danger of many diseases also.
· The “radiations extracting from the mobile screen” is the main subject nowadays, fibroblast activity of the skin is accelerated by absorbing mobile phone radiations for an hour. A high level of RF radiation raises the temperature of the body and damages the body tissues, whereas a low level of RF radiation can cause headaches and certain types of brain tumors. · In 2009, Lennart Hardell and others concluded that usage of cell phones for half an hour per day over 10 years doubles the chances of being diagnosed with a brain tumor and increases the danger of gliomas (brain cancer) up to 40%. · The research by World Health Organization shows that mobile phones can cause a long-term health risk.
3. Impacts on Environment:
· A normal user changes its mobile phone after 15 months on average just to buy new models, and its wasted electronic material causes environmental pollution and this pollution is also caused by the transmission of electromagnetic waves. We can reduce almost 90% of the pollution, caused by the ejection of radiations, by adopting the circuit designed in mobile exchange.
· During the manufacture of wiring boards and circuits, about 40-50% of the environmental impact of mobile phone occurs. We should discover a way to recycle mobile phones.
4. Impacts of mobile on Society:
Here we describe the great impacts of mobile, According to the Federal Communications Commission, 33% of the total theft is of mobile phones in San Francisco, because it is easy to snatch and steal. The race of buying modern mobiles is making mobile, the worst thing.
· As we know the “Second Congo War” was fueled by the rise in demand for metals used in mobiles and other electronic devices in which more than 50 lac people died. The material things should not be more important than a man.
5. Increase in accidents:
· Mobile usage while cycling is becoming more and more common in schoolboys 1. It has a parallel relationship with bicycle crashes. Mobile usage is prohibited while cycling by the Road Traffic Law, they should be aware of that.
· While driving, if you are engaged with your mobile phone, the chances of accidents will be increased by 4 times, researched by who (World Health Organization).
This great article was written By Hafsa Kanwal , if you want to write great articles or Blogs you can contact with her within a given below Email. email@example.com